Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yummy New Recipe! Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos


I love new recipes and this is a good one. I got it off of the blog Our Best Bites. It's called Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos. You can get the recipe here. They were really easy to make. My girls helped me and we had a great time! Luke and I are on a health kick so we made our taquitos with whole wheat tortillas, and low-fat cream cheese. Our kids prefer white tortillas so I used the tortillas that you bake at home. I also made a yummy sour cream dip to go with it. I use this dip for almost all of my Mexican food dishes. It's nothing fancy but we like it!

Cilantro-Lime Crema

  • 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream (I used fat-free)
  • 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • Salt and pepper

Stir together sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just bought their cookbook, I'll have to try this recipe. I've tried about 5 of their recipes in the past 2 weeks and they are all awesome! That dip looks great too. Thanks for the ideas!

Marianne and Matt said...

What a cute blog..I love seeing your cute family. Can't wait to try that yummy looking recipe..thanks!!

Mindy Blake said...

You little chef you! You are doing such an incredible job at eating healthy and exercising! I really look up to you and your will power!