Sunday, March 13, 2011

First ever quilting project!


If you are a quilter, you may laugh! This project is seriously not complicated but I have been so inspired by my friend Christy. She is an awesome quilter! I decided to give it a try and start simple. I made this table runner and was surprised how much fun quilting is. It's just fun to see the material you pick, come together. I was also surprised how hard it is to pick material. It's just hard for me to visualize how it will look. This was intended to be a March/St. Patrick's Day table runner but I think it will work for all of Spring. Anyway, for my first time, I think it turned out okay.

Thanks Christy and Melanie for your inspiration! I will definitely quilt again!

7 comments:

corrychronicles said...

That turned out really cute Julie! Way to go :)

Mindy Blake said...

Look at you little Miss Julie Homemaker! Very impressive! I love it!

Marianne and Matt said...

I love the material you picked, it turned out so cute!! You need to teach me a thing or two:)

Jill D. said...

It's adorable! I love it and want one too. Good job!

Lindsay said...

I love it! The fabrics you chose look so great together! I'd love to learn how to do that (really I'd like to have you teach me!). :)

Teresa said...

This looks SOOOO great! Nice work. Did you quilt it? It's totally adorable. Thanks for all of your sweet comments and kind words on my blog. Love and miss you.

Christy Cummings said...

I love it! You are pretty awesome. I really love the fabric.