Sunday, March 20, 2011

Paris France - Day 1 and 2!

Here are only a few pictures from my trip so far. I wish I could put more pictures on but the internet here is much slower for loading the pictures plus it is 11:40 at night and I need to get some sleep. Anyway, the pictures are not in order from my first day to my second day but oh well, I don't have time to make it pretty, just to keep records!These are sculptures from 2300 BC, according to scientists anyway. I have a lot of awesome pictures from this era just because I think it is incredible that they have so much stuff from that time. Pretty crazy! I pictured the movie...The Testaments and all of the carving they had made.
This is Louis XIV and Charles X chambers where they fed many people. The picture does not do the room justice. It is very beautiful and so much detail on everything.
This is on a ceiling. All of the ceilings are so incredible, I can't believe the detail and time it would have taken.

Mona Lisa...She kept looking at me!

This painting was HUGE! I had to take a picture just because of the size of it. Of course, it's pretty too!
This is me right off the airplane after only 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Across the river is The Louve. The building is massive and so beautiful.
This is the view from my hotel room. Very pretty. We are right across from the river and a mini Statue of Liberty.
The Eiffel Tower!!! The base is shockingly huge.
I'm obsessed with European roads. I just love the shapes of buildings and walking down quite streets lined with beautiful apartments and shops.

I miss you Luke and kiddos. I love you so much! Be good and remember that I think of you constantly! Thanks Luke for all of your support!

7 comments:

Christy Cummings said...

Looks like fun! I'm so jealous. wish I was there.

Lindsay said...

How fun! Let's talk when you get home. Have a great trip!!

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

Wow! I didn't know you were even going, I can't wait to see more, it looks so amazing. Have fun!!!

Erin Davis said...

So glad you made it ok! I was a little worried about you after our talk. :)

Jill D. said...

AMAZING!!! I'm so jealous! I'm glad you and mom are having so much fun!

Our Family said...

Wow Julie. That is so breathtaking! I am so sad your camera died. I want to see more!!!!

Teresa said...

You know how over the last few years we run into each other in weird places and times? I think we were in Paris the same time. How totally funny would that have been to see each other there! What a fun trip. We'll have to get together while we're home this summer.