Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good Times!

We have had a busy week between a birthday, canning, Halloween and church talks! Tuesday was Jaylee's birthday, Wednesday we had a ward Halloween Carnival, Thursday I canned apple pie filling with my aunt Cathy, Friday was a school Halloween Carnival, Saturday some of our friends invited us over for dinner and then trick or treating, and Sunday (today) Luke and I had to speak in Sacrament Meeting. Needless to say, I'm exhausted, I can't even believe that I'm blogging right now because I can barely keep my eyes open!

This is canning proof! I did it! I learned to can apple pie filling with my Aunt. She is an incredible canner so I'm excited to learn a lot from her. Next month we are going to can black beans, northern beans, and pinto beans. One awesome trick that I learned from her the other day...you can actually heat your seals in the microwave. You just have to make sure they are covered with water. Microwave them for approximately 3 minutes and they're ready to go. I watched it with my own eyes! Metal in the microwave! Great trick though, then you don't have to have another pan on the stove.
A couple of nights ago, the kids were being so silly. We probably spent 30 minutes taking silly pictures of them. We were all laughing and having the best time.
This is trick or treating. We hit a few more homes after separating from our friends. It was raining so we sat in the back of the van with the hatch open while Luke drove us from one house to the next.

Yep, you guessed it, Jaylee is just Jaylee for Halloween. This is the 2nd Halloween in a row that she wouldn't wear her costume on Halloween. She's such a stinker sometimes. She wouldn't let us put a shirt underneath her princess dress to make it modest so she didn't wear it at all. Oh well! Sabree is a witch and Oliver is a ninja.
Jaylee actually worked hard on her pumpkin. She really did carve it with very little help. We drew lines on the pumpkin and she traced it with the little pumpkin carving knife. A little scary but what else do you do with an independent 3 year old!
Oliver and Luke carved this pumpkin. Luke loves carving pumpkins. It's funny to watch him carve because he gets so into it just like the kids. Anyway, Oliver and Luke carved Darth Maul. It turned out really cool.

Sabree did this pumpkin completely on her own. I thought it was really creative and it turned out great! She wanted to do hair on her pumpkin. I didn't think it would show but when we lit it up, it looked awesome! She did a great job!
Jaylee did dress up for the ward carnival. She got this skirt and wings from her cousin Annie for her birthday. She loves it!!! She's worn it 4 times since she got it last Sunday!
Oliver and friend Davin. Sabree and friend Gwen.

2 comments:

Jill D. said...

Cute cute cute!!! I know as a parent it must be frustrating, but it makes me laugh to see Jaylee being herself for Halloween! Her independence cracks me up! But of course I do feel sorry for the parents. Cute pictures!

Mackenzie Bailey said...

What a women! Canning is so worth is, but so exhausting. I'm sure you'll have lots and pies and cobblers now that will make it worth it;) Was thinking about you guys this week when I made your Shepherd's Pie recipe - soooo delish it's now a regular in our house!