Wednesday, July 15, 2009

#&@% Ollie!!!

This evening I was trying to get prepared to head up the canyon for dinner. I walked out of the side kitchen door just in time to see Oliver throw a rock right at the van. It SHATTERED the side window on the sliding door! There is also a dent in the door...I'm sure it wasn't the first rock of the evening to hit the car! FUNNY KID! I wasn't laughing at the time, but I'm laughing now. What makes a little kid think that it's okay to throw a rock at a car? I don't think I'll ever know what was going through his head but I am quite certain he won't be throwing rocks at windows ever again (cross your fingers!). It's a good thing that he's so dang cute! It's hard to stay mad at his cute little face!
We did finish the night off in the canyon with some friends. It was a lot of fun. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. The kids had a great time playing in the river and climbing all over the rocks. We also ended with a bedtime story of Luke's childhood days. He threw a bat through a window! No wonder he wasn't too upset. It's pay back time - he had it coming. For the record - I never threw anything through a window. I was an angel!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh no! Ollie!! He is so cute...sorry about your van. I wouldn't be able to stay mad at that cute face either ;-). I'm going to call you soon. I'm hoping for a kid-free moment. May not happen. I'll call though. Miss you guys!

Taylors said...

You are a great mother. I wouldn't be able to laugh about it so soon after.
I'm glad you are updating your blog more frequently.

Heather said...

Oh my, sorry about the van. You go girl being able to laugh at it all. Although I have to admit that face is pretty cute, it would be hard to stay mad.