Monday, July 20, 2009

Flying with Grandpa

We had a fun day today. My parents flew to Fillmore to see us. My dad flew Sabree and Oliver around Millard county 2 different times. They just couldn't get enough flying in. They had a great time. They were asking grandpa so many questions. One of Sabree's questions taught me more about my dad. I found out that he actually had his first flying lesson with an instructor at the age of 8. I had no idea that he had real lessons that young. Can you imagine, that's only 1 year older than Sabree! CRAZY! I don't know how I'd feel about her preparing for her first flight lesson! Anyway, I love seeing my dad fly. He has been flying commercially for about 18 years but I never get to watch him in the cockpit. I think is takes a lot of talent to do what he does. Good job dad!

I just want to thank my mom and dad for taking the time to come and see us and fly the kids around. We really appreciate it!

(Pictures to follow in the next couple of days!!!)

2 comments:

Jill said...

How cool would that be!:0) Was it a little plane??? My girls would think that flying with grandpa would be the coolest thing ever! Fun times & great memories!

Julie said...

My dad owns a plane that seats 4. It's little but fun!