Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snow! Sledding! Chocolate!

It snowed most of the day on Saturday. It was really beautiful. I told the kids to get their friends and we would build a snowman. Unfortunately, it was not good packing snow so we decided to build a little hill in our front yard to sled on. That wasn't going well either so we packed everyone up and went to a real hill. We were sledding for over 2 hours. it was so much fun!
Oliver and Tanner
Our neighbors, "the Lammi's". We have the same age kids. Gwen and Sabree and friends, Oliver and Davin are friends, and Emily and Jaylee are friends.
Julie and Sabree
Hayden, Carter and Erin (Carter is Oliver's friend, I visit teach Erin and we've become really good friends.)
Cute Ollie...I love his smile!
Sabree and Gwen

After Sacrament meeting we went to my Aunt Cathy's house in Tremonton. Every year all of her family gets together and makes candy. They also invite a lot of extended family. This year we got to go! It was awesome. The kids had the best time. It was great to learn how to make the chocolates but it was also great to visit with family.

Now about the chocolates...I can't believe how many we made. Cherry cordials, orange sticks, chocolate dipped caramels, almond joys, peanut butter cups, divinity, whatchamacalits, peanut clusters, fudge, truffles, toffee, and caramel/chocolate dipped pretzels...plus we did all of this in milk and dark chocolate. The kids also dipped all kinds of candy like cinnamon bears, sour patch kids, fruit candies, and put the peanut butter cups together. Cathy also had the kids build their own gingerbread houses. I think we found a new family tradition!

Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures of us "in action". Here are some of the chocolates though. They might not look perfectly pretty but they taste perfect!


2 comments:

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Those chocolates look delicious! You're so great to go sledding with the kids - what a great mom!

Jill D. said...

I think your chocolates look like poo! lol I don't doubt they are delicious! But it could be mistaken! ;) Good job. I totally want to come next year!