Monday, December 6, 2010

Lots going on...Nativity, holiday talk time, breakfast in bed!

I can't believe how time flies! I cannot believe that we are already well into December and the year is almost over!

Live Nativity
We went to dinner and a live Nativity with our friends (Bryan, Cherie and Fam) tonight. The kids had a good time. It was really nice. You can't help but feel the spirit at events like the Nativity. It's interesting to watch little kids at an event like this too. Even at a very young age, they sense the significance and spirit of the Nativity.

Anyway, we saw the nativity, then walked around a little farm of different animals. The kids got to pet the animals. Then we had hot chocolate as we waited for a hay ride. Overall, it was a great night! I have to admit, last year's baby Jesus was a lot more impressive (my little nephew, Branson)!Jaylee on the hay ride. She said, "that was fun when the horse rode us!"

Julie, Luke, Jaylee, Sabree and Jaiden
Nelson Family + Sabree and Ollie


Jaylee petting a baby goat


Cute kids!
Holiday Talk Time
One of my favorite things so far this Christmas season has been our holiday talk time. At the end of November we started decorating for Christmas and I was trying to think of something special to do with the kids. I decided to put Christmas lights on our bed and spend some time each night with the kids on the bed with the Christmas lights on. So we started holiday talk time. Luke and I rotate nights and we spend 5 minutes with each kid just talking to them. It has been so fun. The kids look forward to it every night and so do I. We like it so much that I think we'll keep it going even after the holidays and I think I'll even keep the lights up. It makes it feel like a really special time.
Breakfast in Bed
Through the month of December as a family we try to do at least one act of service every day. Of course, on the top of the list is breakfast in bed for the kids.

1 comment:

Christy Cummings said...

You are busy. Lot's of Fun stuff going on. We sure miss you guys!