Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lots of Faith!

Last week Sabree, Oliver and I had plans to go to Aunt Jana's play...Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was at the Scera Outdoor Theater in Orem. The problem with an outdoor theater is obviously the weather! It was pouring rain. The kids wanted to go to the play so bad but I was not going to sit through a play in pouring rain with freezing cold, tired, wet kids. We sat in the car for about 10 minutes to see if it would stop raining. Sabree came up with an awesome idea...she wanted to pray for the rain to stop so we could see the play. We did say a prayer and the second we ended the prayer the rain went from down pour to drizzle and a few minute later it completely stopped! Sabree said..."we must have so much faith!" I'm so grateful for that experience! The prayer of a little girl and boy was answered. It's an experience that they'll never forget. I'm so proud of Sabree for thinking to pray. It's something we should all think of more often...for big things and small things. There is nothing that is too small or unimportant to a loving Father in Heaven.

3 comments:

Amy Jo Madsen said...

What a cool experience for them (and you)! And I love that play--glad y'all got to see it.

I just love the times when Catherine is upset about something and I'll "catch" her praying on her own. It's so sweet and sincere, unlike most of her nightly prayers (in which she usually says the same things every night). Makes you feel good that something's getting through, doesn't it?

Leslie Behunin said...

Our children teach us so much. No wonder WE are told to be like THEM! Very sweet -- thanks for sharing!

The Gardners said...

What a cutie, that is awesome!

Hey i switched to private. Send me your email and I'll send you an invite. My email is aliciagardner22@gmail.com