Wednesday, January 7, 2009

9 Years!!!

Here's the post that I should have done on January 4th. It was our 9 year anniversary. I'm so grateful to be married to Luke for time and all eternity. He is really, such a good husband. He has always treated me with such love and respect. I really feel spoiled. He never hesitates to let me have a girls night out, he never questions my decisions (or spending!!!), he still always opens my door for me, he will drop anything he's doing if I need his help, he's a great listener, he's a worthy Priesthood holder, he's a great dad, he works hard...the list is endless. Our wedding day (after getting ready, I'll tell the story at the end) was flawless. We were so happy and so in love. The greatest part is that I love Luke even more now. He is my best friend. I know that he will always be there for me! I love you Luke!
I think I pulled a muscle in my back after picking Luke up that day. It didn't help that it was FREEZING! Notice his socks...he forgot to bring black socks with him. You can see his socks several pictures from that day. Funny kid!
I'm not going to tell you what I was saying!!!

This was after the luncheon. My sister Jill decorated the car. She did an awesome job. We were still cleaning out confetti in the car right before we sold it a year later.
Okay, so the getting ready story...I had made a hair appointment with an awesome hair stylist about 3 months in advance and had forgotten about the appointment until someone called to remind me the day before the wedding. I didn't get the message until about 10:00 p.m. and I had booked another hair stylist to do my hair at about 6:00 a.m. It was too late at night to call and cancel the 6:00 appointment with this other lady, plus I thought she would be fine. So, I went to the appointment that morning. I had asked her to do a simple up do with some curls. Seems like no big deal but by about 7:00 she was no where near done. She had failed several attempts to put my hair up. Finally she had it all pinned in place but was still working frantically while time kept passing. It was about 7:30 when she dropped the curling iron and burned my face. At this point I was already worried after watching my moms horrified face for the past hour and a half and now I had a burn on my face, on my wedding day! I got up to go look at my hair and it was awful. Half my hair was flat and the other half poofy. Half the curls were kinky and half would have been flat after an hour. I gathered my things and was going to quickly shower and do my own hair until I remembered the other appointment that started at 8:00. I rushed over and as I walked through the door Darcy's (the stylist) jaw dropped and she says, "What have you done to your hair?" Of course, the tears started flowing and she got to work. She did the best she could with the mess she had to work and the very limited time she had to fix it. I'm so glad I had that appointment though, I left happy!

11 comments:

The Wachel Family said...

Oh my gosh you guys are such a handsome couple, then and now! I love the hair story!!! Congrats on 9 years...looking forward to #8 this year for us!

Lorna said...

What a crazy 9 year ride! Congratulations! We did talk about your anniversary on the 4th with the girls. We were thinking of you! It was fun to hear a story from memory lane!

Lindsay said...

I don't think I have heard that story (about your hair and the burn). So fun. Ryan and I hit 9 years this year too. I love looking at wedding pictures!!

Heather said...

Congrats to you guys. You are such a cute couple. I love the hair story- it's good that you can look back and laugh about it now huh.

Melissa said...

So cute! I love when people post pictures of when they got married. So fun to see them. Congrats on year 9 and what a cute family you two have made!

Danielle Weathers said...

Congrats! What a cute couple and love the wedding pictures. Smokin' hot! We miss you guys!

Teresa said...

That is the greatest story. I haven't heard it before, and the burn is awful. You're a trooper! Miss you guys.

Sarah J. said...

Congratulations on 9-great years! You guys are adorable! And I happen to love the socks- I thought it was a fashion statement he did on purpose! Kids do that kind of stuff now-a-days! Love the hair story- I have a similar one, but mine involved a hair stylist that I thought was almost going to forget to show up!

Jill D. said...

You guys look like your straight out of high school!

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! I love seeing old pics! You guys are too cute together! Congrats!!!!

Karen said...

That is so fun to see pictures of you guys! Still a cute couple!