Monday, August 25, 2008

Front Lawn Campout!

With very few weekends left of warm weather we decided we should sleep out under the stars with the kids. We slept on the front lawn on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun! Of course, the kids loved it and didn't fall asleep until 10:30 at night. Luke and I stayed up even later looking at all the stars. It was breathtaking. Luke showed the kids the big dipper and I had him envisioning a constellation that I had made up. It was a horse named O'Brien. He completely believed me! We had a lot of fun, even though it was a long night. We found out that nights in Kanosh are actually quite busy with both people and animals, who'd of thought!


Luke teaching the kids about stars

1 comment:

Kellye said...

I think that is so fun that you live in a place where you actually dare to sleep in your front yard. That is awesome. I have heard something about that horse. O'Brien, or is it O'Brother. I love gullible moments.