Sunday, October 2, 2011

HALF MARATHON!!!

It's true!!! Luke and I ran the Top of Utah Half Marathon together along with my little sister Jana. It was so awesome! I seriously loved it. I was pretty worried about running it, especially because running 12 miles was really hard for me, but seriously...I was most worried about having to run after waking up at 4:15 am! It turned out great! I felt great through the whole run and finished strong. Luke didn't love it and quite frankly, I don't know if I will ever get him to run another but it was still a great experience to do it together!Luke at 4:45. For the record...we did get up at 4:15! Seriously, CRAZY!
After the run! Luke, Me and Jana
I'm so grateful to everyone who helped me train for this run. Luke was a huge support and we were able to run some of our runs together. Jana came up to do some of the long runs with me, but I think that she is so awesome for pretty much training solo. She stuck it out though and it was awesome to run with her. Mostly, I'm so grateful for Mary who ran all year with me. She slowed down her usual awesome pace and ran 3-4 days a week with me. I couldn't have done it without her! Thanks Mary!!!

1 comment:

Jill D. said...

You are amazing!!!