Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Gifts...GUNS!

Oh my sweet husband! It was Valentine's Day, and being the slacker that I am, I still did not have gifts for my kids at 3:00 that afternoon. I asked Luke if he could take all of the kids to Oliver's karate class while I ran to the store and bought them gifts and got dinner ready. He was just about to runs some errands so he offered to get some gifts and run to Papa Murphy's to pick up a heart shaped pizza. AWESOME! One less thing I had to do. Besides, I had no idea what I was going to get the kids. I didn't want to buy any junk food or stuffed animals and that really limits what you can get a kid for Valentine's Day. Anyway, I took the kids and called Luke on our way home so he could be ready for us. I asked him, "What did you get for the kids?". He answered, "I bought them each a balloon and I got each of them a Nerf gun. I thought they would have a fun time fighting each other with the guns after dinner." I'm waiting for him to laugh or something so I would know that he's joking...since when is the holiday of LOVE all about FIGHTING??? No laugh!!! He was completely serious! Then I just have to laugh at the way the a guy thinks! Luke is so cute! And yes, the kids did run around the house screaming and laughing after dinner with their guns! They do love each other!There they are, the balloons, pizza...and GUNS!

Have I mentioned how much I love Hobby Lobby?! I feel so blessed to live so close to one! I found this heart wreath there and I have loved it! I think it's really unique and it was only about $15. Sounds funny but I love wreaths so I think it's fun when I can find a cute one!

2 comments:

Signe said...

Great gift idea! We did the junk food but I'm stilling this for next year. Hope you guys are doing good.

Mindy Blake said...

That is such a cute idea! I love the gun thing! Very creative Luke-you definitely get points in my book buddy! Also, I am with you--I LOVE WREATHS AND HOBBY LOBBY! and your wreath is adorable!