Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fasting

I am so proud of my little ones! A couple of weeks ago we had a family home evening on fasting. We decided as a family that we would start a new tradition. Saturday night, before fast Sunday, we would eat out at an all-you-can-eat resteraunt. This would be a good reminder that we are fasting after the meal until Sunday evening. So Saturday came and the kids could not wait to go out to eat and start fasting...it was magical! Sabree is the only one that we really wanted to fast since she is now 8. During dinner we talked about things that we could fast for. We also told them that every time their tummy growls, it would be a good reminder to say a prayer in their head. Then when we got home we all began our fasts with prayers. The next morning, I was surprised to see that Oliver was fasting also. He had said a prayer and started the night before. It was a great Fast Sunday. Sabree said, "I have said so many prayers 'cause my tummy keeps growling!" I'm so proud of the kids for taking that step of obedience. They are good kids!

2 comments:

Jeff Sorensen said...

Now that sounds like a tradition our family can adopt! All you can eat food followed by all you can handle blessings!? You guys are great.

Mindy Blake said...

You are such an amazing exaple to me! Great idea!