Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My baby is ONE!

Well here is a picture of my 1 year old!!! She turned one on Sunday, October 26th. I can't believe it has already been a year. She has been such a blessing in my life. She started out at 8 lbs. 2 oz and 21 inches long (my smallest baby). The other day I took her to the doctor and she was 24 lbs and 34 inches long. She's a tall, "healthy" baby!
I really feel so grateful to have been blessed with her in my life. She has been such a joy to have in our family. She adds so many smiles to my days. She has always had a very sweet, gentle spirit. Until recently she rarely screamed or cried. Now she has found her voice and uses it on occassion. She gets stuck at the top of the stairs and will yell her jibberish until you go and get her. She is also very vocal as she stands next to the tub. She will yell until you find her standing next to the bathtub. Then she will smile and sign bath...she loves bath time! Along with her screaming language she has been developing her sign language quite a bit. Some of the signs she know now are: more, please, all done, milk, drink, bath, dog, cat... she also tries to sign thank you but it always turns into peekaboo! She's doing pretty good though. She is so fun and so smart! I thank Heavenly Father everyday for sending her to me! I'm a very lucky mom!
It didn't take her very long to figure out how to dig into the cake! She loved it!

She was so sad when we had to take the cake away.



1 comment:

Eli & Mandy said...

Happy BELATED birthday Jaylee! Sorry we didn't call, but we love you. She looks like she enjoyed that cake!